SUSTAINABILITY AT CALIFORNIA WINE TOURS
Responsible environmental stewardship is a very important aspect of the operations at California Wine Tours. As Northern California's largest privately owned transportation company, we are committed to lessening our impact on the Earth. In doing so, California Wine Tours has integrated environmental stewardship into our business operations by placing an emphasis on sustainability by protecting the environment through economically viable programs which also increase the social equity of our employees, customers and community. California Wine Tours efforts have been verified by the Association of Bay Area Governments and we were the first transportation company to be certified Green through the acclaimed Bay Area Green Business program.
Highlights of our Sustainability Program:
- Participation in the Bay Area Air Quality Program and daily updates to all employees on the Spare the Air status.
- After energy efficiency upgrades were completed, all buildings are now carbon neutral through PG&E's Climate Smart program.
- Use of alternative and green fuels for all applicable vehicles in our fleet.
- Hybrid vehicles such as Prius sedans and Lexus SUV available for charter.
- Goal of 80% diversion of all waste away from land fills. There are dedicated waste coordinators at our site that sort all waste into the appropriate dumpsters or recycling containers.
- Environmentally Preferred Purchasing Policy mandates the use of products made with recycled content, reduced packaging and locally sourced.
- Continued industry leadership regarding social equity for our employees and the local community. California Wine Tours offers medical/dental benefits as well as a 401K plan to all its employees and drivers - a rarity in the transportation business.
- We support the local community by providing transportation for the many local charity events as well as donating much needed vehicles to local non-profits for them to use to assist those in need.
- Conserving water through low flow outlets and water efficiency training for all staff.
- Continuing education for all staff on green business best practices and assistance with living a greener life at home.
For more information on our sustainability programs, please contact Karen Dooley at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly at 707-265-4318.